Mulled Cranberry Sauce (Thick, Tasty, And Sugar Free). ✅This low carb cranberry sauce recipe comes from the Food Network magazine. I replaced the 1.5 C of sugar with 4 tablespoons of Swerve. While the alcohol does cook out in this recipe, you can eliminate the wine and replace it with water.
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Servings: ~ 8
Total carbs per serving: 6.1g
Total net carbs per serving: 4.4g
12 oz. cranberries, fresh or frozen
2 to 4 tbsp. Swerve or other low carb sweetener (depending how sweet you like your sauce)
½ C Dry red wine
Spice Pouch Ingredients:
1 Cinnamon stick
1/4 tsp. Whole black peppercorns
3 Wide strips orange peel from small orange
3 Whole cloves
Special Equipment Needed:
1. Wrap the cinnamon stick, peppercorns, orange peel and cloves in a small pieces of cheesecloth and tie close with kitchen twine.
2. Combine cranberries, sweetener, wine and about 1/3 cup of water in a medium saucepan. Add the spice pouch and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the berries burst and the sauce thickens – about 20 minutes. If the sauce becomes too bubbly, you may have to lower the temperature slightly – just keep it simmering.
3. Transfer the cranberry sauce to a bowl and refrigerate at least 3 hours to overnight; discard the cheesecloth bundle.
4. Serve chilled.
1. You may need to more water if the sauce becomes too thick. I’d recommend adding a couple of tablespoons at a time.
2. Taste the sauce as it is cooking to determine if you need to add more sweetener. I’d recommend adding no more than 1 tsp. at a time. Just remember to adjust the carb count (4 tbsp. of Swerve adds a total/net 2.5g of carbs or 0.3g per serving).
Tags: Mulled Cranberry Sauce (Thick, Tasty, And Sugar Free), cooking videos, dot2trot, dottotrot, keto cooking, keto meals, keto recipes, lchf cooking, lchf meals, lchf recipes, low carb cooking, low carb meals, low carb recipes, sugar free recipes, sugar free cranberry sauce, low carb thanksgiving, keto thanksgiving, thanksgiving recipes, cranberry suace, keto cranberry recipes, low carb cranberry, keto cranberry sauce